Through hands-on activities, structured small-group dialogue, and real-world examples, you will develop a personal understanding of Kanban principles and practices and gain insights on how to apply Kanban to increase quality, speed workflow, and optimize the delivery of high-quality services and products to your customers.
This Applied Frameworks KSD features Okaloa’s Flowlab simulation, which has been well-received by all levels of an organization, from operational to executive. Okaloa Flowlab simulations give people, regardless of the function they are in or the role they fulfill in the organization, a deeper insight in how work should be organized in order to deliver fast and better and be able to respond more rapidly to a changing environment; during the flowlab simulations you will experience what agility really is about.
Suitable for any professional who is responsible for product/project delivery or is part of a delivery or service team, the Kanban System Design (KSD) workshop prepares you to design and adopt a full customer-focused service delivery Kanban system.
Topics covered in this high-energy, live online instructor-led course include:
- Kanban Method principles and practices
- Elements of a Kanban system
- Experience flow in a Kanban simulation
- Visual board design and ticket design
- Analyzing demand and capability
- Modelling workflow in your environment
- Discovering and socializing a context for change
- Kanban system mechanics, such as commitment, pull, and replenishment
- Kanban system indicators and performance metrics
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for anyone in professional services organizations involved in leading or managing the delivery of products or services to their customers. This includes, but is not limited to software applications development and support.
Non-IT disciplines that would benefit by managing work with the Kanban Method include: Operations, Marketing, Procurement, Human Resources, and any other knowledge work domains seeking to optimize delivery of customer value.
- Three 4-hour sessions of live online training by a Kanban University-accredited trainer
- A workbook with self-paced learning of key Kanban topics
- KMP I Credential and a Certificate of Completion issued by Kanban University
- Digital download of David Anderson’s Kanban book
- This workshop follows the official Lean Kanban University training materials produced by leading experts such as David J Anderson, Mike Burrows, and others.