If you want to learn Scrum from the comfort of your own home — and have fun along the way — this is the course for you. As the world’s only provider of online, on-demand advanced ScrumMaster training, we’ve learned what it takes to be effective in a virtual training environment.
In this Scrum Alliance®-approved course, we put you at the center of the learning experience in two important ways:
The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an interactive class introducing the concepts of Agile business leadership using the Scrum framework. The Online Edition of this class includes:
- Guided preparation work to get you ready
- 1 hour orientation to acclimate to class flow and technology
- 3 virtual classroom sessions of 4 hours each
- Lots of collaboration time with your classmates
- A reasonable amount of homework and reflection between sessions
- 1 hour follow up Q&A session after the class concludes
- Preparation for the CSM exam, including a Scrum Certification practice test
Following short, focused lectures, the class will engage in group activities to reinforce each topic and maximize your understanding and retention of Scrum concepts. Throughout the course, you will learn several collaboration frameworks that will help you immediately apply what you learn.
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a two year membership in the Scrum Alliance and be invited to take the Certified ScrumMaster Exam. The cost of the exam is included in course registration.
- Familiarization of the Online Learning Environment
- Course Overview
- Review Scrum Guide
- Other readings and videos
Session 1 (4 hours)
- Opening & Welcome
- Agile & Scrum Introduction
- Scrum Workflow
- Scrum Roles
Session 2 (4 hours)
- Product Backlog
- Definition of Done
- Sprint Planning
Session 3 (4 hours)
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Scrum Simulation
- Servant Leadership
- CSM Exam Prep
Followup and Q&A
- Answer any Open Questions
- Discuss Implementing New Practices
What You Will Learn
Through original content, interactive simulations, and real-world case studies you will learn how to:
- Apply the values of Scrum.
- Describe each piece of the Scrum framework, its purpose and interaction with the other pieces of the framework.
- Explain the rights, responsibilities and interactions of each role in Scrum: Development Team Member, Product Owner and ScrumMaster.
- Describe how Stakeholders interact with the Scrum Team.
- Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum and the challenges for sustaining Scrum in your organization.
- Practice applying ScrumMaster skills and thinking to solve day-to-day issues and challenges.
- Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all events, roles and artifacts.
What You Will Receive
- A detailed student workbook full of custom exercises, activities and course summaries that capture the essential points you need to learn and comprehend to pass the Certified ScrumMaster exam.
- Documented Scrum case studies explaining how Scrum was used to create successful outcomes and improved teams.
- A reading list of great books to jump start your continuing education on topics such as how to do Scrum better, scaling Scrum, distributed Scrum, estimating and planning, Lean Thinking, facilitation, collaboration, communication and other essential topics.
- Thought-provoking articles related to the role of ScrumMaster, the challenges associated with doing Scrum, identifying waste in your business, the Agile Manifesto, how Scrum was used to rescue a troubled project and facilitating change.
- Opportunity for a 45 minute, personalized question and answer session with a Scrum expert at the conclusion of the first day to answer your specific questions about Scrum and how to get started in your company.
- Two-year membership with the Scrum Alliance providing access to additional articles, case studies and templates authored by other Scrum practitioners like yourself along with discounts to Scrum events and conferences.
- Access to our Certified Scrum Master Practice Exam.
“Thank you for spacing this online CSM course over three days! It covers just enough information and still allows me to balance my day-to-day work.”
“Great instructors. They showed a marked ability to respond to the current circumstances of an all-virtual CSM class and still achieve the goal of teaching us the fundamentals of Scrum. Nice job!”
“I was surprised by the amount of class participation, especially given the fact that our class was 100% virtual. The instructors were very creative in their use of interactive exercises and activities.”