Applied Frameworks is a Scaled Agile Gold SPCT partner — the highest level of transformation partnership available.
Become a Certified SAFe Practice Consultant
Learn How to Lead Lean-Agile Business Transformation
Leading successful and sustainable Lean-Agile transformations requires more than an SAFe® Practice Consultant (SPC) certification. It requires a deep understanding of the SAFe Framework and its underlying principles and values.
Knowing what the path to success looks like, and what pitfalls to avoid, is critical. You want to lay the foundations for a long-lived Lean-Agile transformation that inspires your organization to relentlessly improve. Industry leaders will tell you, the SPC-T you choose to deliver your Implementing SAFe class makes all the difference.
Our SPC-Ts have been involved in the Agile community and implemented SAFe since the early days of the Framework. We are focused on delivering a meaningful understanding of Implementing SAFe to agilists, change agents, and executives. We bring our experience and real-world stories to the course, and invite you to share your unique context as well.
Let’s get you on the road to a real, deep understanding of the Framework that will ensure successful and sustainable SAFe implementations for you in the future!
Implementing SAFe – Course Content
Ready to lead a Lean-Agile transformation? Need a deeper understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework? Looking to teach SAFe courses yourself?
Implementing SAFe® offers attendees the broadest level of insight into each layer of a SAFe implementation. This course is for you if you want to be a leader in a Lean-Agile transformation. And you’ll get the guidance and tools you need to lead effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. If you’re designing Agile Release Trains or teaching those who do, achieving an SPC certification tells the world that you’re a true agent of change.
Implementing SAFe® answers the questions:
- How do I plan and coach a SAFe transformation?
- How can you demonstrate your expertise in and promote business agility?
- How do you build successful solutions using Agile product management principles and skills?
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- SAFe Practice Consultant (SPC) Certification Exam
- How to coach a SAFe transformation.
- How to launch Agile Release Trains.
- How to identify Value Streams.
- How to build solutions with Agile Product Delivery.
- How to empower a Lean portfolio.
- How to understand each role within a SAFe implementation.
Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- Facilitation skills
- Classroom management and time management
- Agile experience – ability to teach an Agile class for beginners
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Possess experiences or stories, and ability to connect business and IT
- Experience and ability to connect across business contexts and speak the language
- Technical fluency to effectively work with processes and workflows
- Emotional intelligence—at a minimum, understand impact of decisions on people, workflows, and business
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe ® Program Consultant is to attend the Implementing SAFe® course This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 6 Practice Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
What you get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey