Congratulations on your completion of the Certified Scrum Product Owner course! This page provides some of the new Product Owner resources discussed in class for your ongoing use on your Scrum journey.
To get started, we recommend our recently updated Top 10 Tips for New Product Owners.
Recommended books for Product Owners
- User Story Mapping
- Value Proposition Design
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Beyond Software Architecture
- The Oz Principle
- The Inmates Are Running The Asylum
- For product roadmapping content, visit this blog post for templates.
- These webinars expand on the concepts discussed in class: Agile Roadmapping at Scale and Advanced Roadmapping at Scale
- To view the roadmapping presentation shared in class.
Planning & Prioritization resources
- Here is the Prioritizing for Profit spreadsheet. Remember you decide all of the columns and weightings based on your situation and context.
- Here is the Release Planning activity worksheet if you want to try it again with other people.
User Story resources
- You may find Richard Lawrence’s Story Splitting Cheat Sheet useful to help you decompose product backlog items.
- I recently found the User Story Primer in my files and hope you find it valuable.
Innovation Games resources
- Buy A Feature chapter
- Prune the Product Tree chapter
- Product Box chapter
- or just buy the book…You won’t regret it!
Miscellaneous Product Owner resources
- For many other excellent webinars provided by the Scrum Alliance.
- Listen to my podcast about Daily Scrum and my blog post on improving Daily Scrums.
- For information about Displaying Visual Information, see Edward Tufte’s website (and attend his exceptional one-day course if possible).