The Agile Product and Solution Management three-day course (with SAFe® 4 APSM certification), allows you to discover the right mindset, skills, and tools you need to create successful products and solutions using Agile techniques. Learn how to use Design Thinking to create products and solutions that are:
- Desirable—what customers want
- Viable—profitable for you to build and sell
- Feasible—something you can realistically deliver
- Sustainable—something you can proactively manage to realize ROI
Attendees will recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers—all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
- Analyzing your role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously exploring markets and users
- Driving strategy with market segmentation
- Using empathy to drive design
- Defining product strategy and vision
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions
- Delivering value
- Managing value stream economics
- Creating innovation in the value stream
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product and Solution Management exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Who will benefit?
- Product managers and directors of product management
- Product marketing managers, project managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product leaders collaborating with product management, architects, subject matter experts, and business line managers
- Attendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending.
- A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
- Those who have experience being a product manager, product marketer, product owner, business owner, or bringing products to market would benefit from this course.
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
- Renewal Fee: $295
Class to be taught by John Mulligan, SPC and Principal Consultant with Applied Frameworks
John Mulligan coaches, mentors, and teaches clients on how to focus on business agility and scaling Agile throughout the organization. Before joining the firm, John worked at Anthem and Capital One over a period of more than twenty years in a variety of roles focused on Agility, including Operations Manager, Development Manager, ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Certified Usability Analyst, Systems Analyst, Release Train Engineer, and Agile Coach. John has experience leading teams of software developers and operations professionals across a variety of system roles including Fraud Operations, Credit Cards, Installment Loans, Commercial Banking, and Healthcare Management.
John began his career as a US Navy Submarine officer serving as a Division Officer and Department Head on three fast attack nuclear submarines.
John received his BS in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Southern California, an MS in Applied Science from the Naval Postgraduate School, and an MBA from the University of Richmond. A native of Southern California, John relocated to Richmond, VA in 1995 after leaving the Navy, where he resides with his family and yellow Lab, Remi.