Looking to change up your Retrospective so that it is not so boring? Need a way to engage with your stakeholders so that the HiPPOs don’t always dominate? Well…today you are in luck because I am sharing my four favorite sites (and a book) that offer Product Owners and ScrumMasters a plethora of collaboration frameworks to choose from.
- Retromat: This powerful site created by Corina Balduaf has over 130 frameworks to support ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches in developing high-performing teams. That said, many of the frameworks found here can be applied by Product Owners with small adjustments.
- Gamestorming: Another very popular site with a mixture of frameworks for product ideation and team development in ten categories. Everyone will find many useful frameworks here. I also highly recommend the book.
- Innovation Games: Originally developed by Applied Frameworks founder Luke Hohmann, this collection of collaboration frameworks is inspired by game theory. I highly recommend the Innovation Games book, available on Amazon.
- Scaled Agile Collaborate (formerly Conteneo): Offers a large collection of frameworks inspired by the book Innovation Games (see above) and augmented by the community of practitioners. Scaled Agile offers some of the frameworks as downloadable templates, but paid members also get full access to their collaboration platform.
- Tasty Cupcakes: This is a site is all about Agile games, so ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches will pretty much find a framework here for just about anything. Like Scaled Agile, most of the frameworks you will find at Tasty Cupcakes were submitted by the community. This is a great site, so I recommend using it.
Note: This article was originally published in 2019 and updated in May 2021.