In fast-moving environments, product development teams can get lost in the gulf that often exists between strategic roadmaps, technical roadmaps and detailed backlogs and task boards. A good communication structure bridges this gulf and ensures that corporate strategy feeds market-driven roadmaps, while integrating all aspects of the organization including architecture, operations and development.
In this interactive workshop, we provide a methodology for developing a comprehensive, collaborative, market-driven product roadmap that ties together elements of strategy, product features, technology, marketing and people into a complete picture that can easily be communicated internally and externally. The session includes an opportunity for attendees to begin creating their own roadmap, leveraging a proven pattern language for roadmap planning success.
- Software Product Managers
- Scrum Product Owners
- Product Marketing Managers
Upon completing this course, participants will have learned and applied techniques to collaboratively create and communicate market-driven product roadmaps. They will also have reference materials and templates to use the techniques after the class.
Format / Duration
- One day of instructor-led, interactive exploration of the techniques
- Define the key components of a strategic product development roadmap
- Describe internal and external techniques for capturing, communicating, and leveraging this information
- Outline the role of a market-driven product roadmap in linking corporate strategy to execution plans
- Understand the use of scenario planning to assess roadmap choices
- Detailed discussion, with examples, of each component of the roadmap
- Multiple interactive case studies and exercises
- Review and wrap-up
None. However, participants are encouraged to come prepared with their current roadmaps or other product planning artifacts (such as ‘epic level’ product backlog items, vision statements or concepts, or critical customer enhancement requests) that they can use to practice building their roadmap during the class.
- Course workbook in soft and hard copy
- A variety of handouts used to stimulate thinking and apply the materials
Use the Contact Us box to the right to inquire about this course.